Program for Two Year Olds (24-36 months)
Two year olds are constantly exploring and have budding independence. Satisfying the curiosity of children at this age while introducing the basics of education, we strive to prepare your child for Preschool. Staff will focus on enriching the children with positive encouragement and support as they learn to share, to explore their world, and to build self-confidence in a classroom environment that focuses on building your child's cognitive, emotional, social, and physical skills. Daily planned activities include age-appropriate “hands on” learning, music activities, introduction to picture books, language development through songs and rhymes, hands on arts and crafts, working with their large and small motor skills and ample time given to play and rest. Each day children will engage in small and large group activities with games and activities to encourage investigation and problem solving, sorting, matching and categorizing, recognition of numbers and the alphabet letters while teaching counting and patterning. Regular teacher-family communication will include daily updates to keep you informed of your child’s day.
Ages: 24 to 36 months
Non-refundable registration fee: $90 for first child, $25 for each additional child
Fee: Based on fee schedule
Prior to admissions, parents are encouraged to attend an orientation and will be given specific instructions and guidelines regarding snacks, lunches, nap time, personal supplies and labeling of the supplies. During this orientation payment policy, facility calendar, drop off and pick up will be explained in detail.
WHAT DO I NEED TO REGISTER?
- Registration is in person only at the 441 East Jefferson location but many forms can be found below
- Non-refundable registration fee
- Copy of child’s birth certificate OR Passport
- Current medical record (no more than 6 months prior to start of classes) using the State of Illinois Certificate of Health Examination form. Immunizations must include TB test and lead assessments
- Completed Park District registration forms and signed waiver
- Completed Park District emergency form
- DCFS completed forms