A program participant may receive a refund for a program under the following circumstances:
- The request is made prior to the program registration deadline. A mandatory $5.00 processing fee will apply.
- Prorated refunds will be issued in a case when the Park District receives a written medical certificate that a medical condition exists that prohibits participation. The medical note must be received no later than the last date of the program. A $5.00 processing fee will apply.
- A refund of 75% will be given if the refund request is made between the registration deadline and the program start date.
- A refund of 50% will be given if the refund request is made after the program start date (i.e. orientation or first practice, whichever comes first) within the first week of the program starting. A processing fee is included in the 50% program fee. This excludes Preschool and Day Care.
- Extended Care end-of-year balances can be refunded or rolled into the next school year.
- This does not apply if the Park District cancels the program.
- No refunds will be given for classes missed or forgotten. Fees will not be prorated.
- All other refunds are subject to a $5.00 cancellation fee. No refund is given for the cost of t-shirts, trophies, other awards, special events, trips, one-day programs, or other contractual programs.
- Preschool Registration Fee, Extended Care Registration Fee, and Day Care Registration Fee holds a place for your child in the program and is not transferable or refundable.
- Preschool/Daycare refunds are unique and must follow the guidelines in the Parent Handbook.
All refund requests must be submitted in writing to the Park District for approval.