Little People Playtime Preschool is a nine month (September through May) developmental program for children ages two (before September 1, 2020) to ages five but have not attended Kindergarten. Each classroom creates an environment for social interaction between peers and Staff; activity centers for exploration; a daily schedule; and age-appropriate academics. Preschool Staff is DCFS approved, qualified, and experienced. Each classroom has a maximum capacity based on the ages of participants. Please register early.
Care before/after preschool class is based on availability. If interested in this “add-on” indicate on registration form. Day Care and Preschool are separate programs with separate registration fee and tuition. Special requests cannot be honored. ALL REGISTRATION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE.
Little People Playtime Day Care is a twelve month program. Those not attending during the summer months will be asked to use a summer payment system to keep their spot in the program. Quality child care from ages six weeks to five years is offered from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday with some calendar day closings throughout the year. Full day attendance is over five hours. Half day attendance is five hours or less.
THE PRESCHOOL IS DIVIDED INTO TWO SECTIONS: LITTLE LEARNER AND PRE-KINDERGARTEN.
Thank you for understanding and cooperating, but Little People Playtime Preschool classes have been restructured following the DCFS and CDC guidelines for safely opening on September 8th and 9th. All parents enrolled have been notified of the changes in class days and times. If interested, currently there are a few openings. Please call 847.683.0896 for details. Thank you.
Parent Orientation and supply drop off days have also been changed. Please plan on only one parent attending the Parent Orientation/supply drop off to keep the gathering within COVID parameters. Parents are asked to wear facial covering and shoe covers. Shoe covers will be available. Thank you.
Little Learner 2020-2021
Potty training in progress please for all Little Learner programs. Min/Max 6/12
- Little Learner Option #3 (Yellow Class) and Option #7 (Red Class) August 18, 2020 9:30 a.m. Please use classroom door # 4.
- Little Learner Option #8 (Pink Class) and newly formed Rose Class August 19, 2020 9:30 a.m. Please use classroom door #3
- Little Learner Option #1 (Purple Class) and two year olds Day Care August 20, 2020 9:30 a.m. in the Multi-purpose room Please use door # 5
Four years old before September 1, 2020 and entering Kindergarten in fall, 2021. Required to be Potty trained and use the bathroom independently. Max/Min 20/10
R $270/ NR $280 month
- Pre-Kindergarten “Orange C” August 26, 2020, 9:00 a.m. Please use classroom door # 7
- Pre-Kindergarten “Orange A” August 27, 2020, 9:00 a.m. Please use classroom door #7
- Pre-Kindergarten “Orange B” August 27, 2020, 11:00 a.m. Please use classroom door #7
- Pre-Kindergarten Blue Class/Day Care August 28, 2020, 9:00 a.m. Please use classroom door #8
WHAT DO I NEED TO REGISTER for Preschool/ Day Care?
WHAT DO I NEED TO REGISTER?
- Registration is in person only at the 441 East Jefferson location but many forms can be found below
- Non-refundable registration fee
- Copy of child’s birth certificate OR Passport
- Current medical record (no more than 6 months prior to start of classes) using the State of Illinois Certificate of Health Examination form. Immunizations must include TB test and lead assessments
- Completed Park District registration forms and signed waiver
- Completed Park District emergency form
- DCFS completed forms
We cannot hold a spot if there is missing information. Please come prepared to avoid confusion or disappointment. Thank you for your cooperation.