History of the Foundation
Established in 2007 by the Hampshire Township Park District Board of Commissioners, the Hampshire Park District Foundation is a not-for-profit 501 (c) 3 Corporation. As such, it is an independent non-governmental organization founded to support, accept and distribute funds for the capital development of present park district facilities, for the advancement of park district programs and to hold and convey land for future development of public parks.
The Foundation is structured to accept funding for either specific programs or general current project needs. As such, all residents can participate in foundation giving. Small donations and in-kind gifts are evidence of community pride. Large donations that are earmarked for capital improvements leave a lasting legacy and stretch tax dollars.
Benefits of Donating
- Make a tax-deductible personal or corporate contribution to the Hampshire Park District Foundation. The Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization, and all donations are tax deductible as allowable by law.
- Bequeath land, property, cash or securities. Your bequest will help to assure that future generations will enjoy the green of open space.
- Purchase a living memorial of a tree to planted in a park in a location you choose for future generations to enjoy.
- Help improve the parks through purchasing a bench, add landscaping, or install a park sign.
- Give the gift of your time by volunteering to help the Foundation accomplish its goals and missions.
Contact the Foundation
Check donations should be payable to the Hampshire Park District Foundation and mail to 390 South Ave., PO Box 953, Hampshire, IL 60140.
Have more questions?
Please email by contacting Laura Schraw, Park District Executive Director at 847-683-2690 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Projects in our Community
Veteran's Memorial at Seyller Park
Would you like to honor a loved one at the Veteran’s Memorial at Seyller Park?
The Hampshire VFW post #8043 is constructing a Veteran's Memorial dedicated to those who served. The conceptual design includes 5 large granite monument stones dedicated to each military branch. Engraved pavers or wallstones can be purchased as a part of this memorial. For more information please email HampshireVFW@gmail.com. Orders are due by August 31st to be included in the Fall installation.
If you would like to make a general donation towards the project with a credit/debit card or PayPal, please use the donate button below for the Hampshire Park District Foundation collection which will be given to the Veteran’s Memorial project fund.