We Represent You
The Hampshire Township Park District is a separate governing agency established for the purpose of providing parks, facilities, and recreational programs for the community. The park district is responsible for the maintenance, operation, and administration of parks and park facilities under its jurisdiction. The park district is governed by five commissioners elected at large for six-year terms. The commissioners set the policies for the operation of the park district.
The Park Board of Commissioners meet on the second and fourth Monday of each month at 6:30 pm in the Recreation Center unless otherwise noted on the meeting schedule, see attachment below. Residents are encouraged to attend and offer their ideas and/or suggestions for improvement. Below are the published agendas and minutes from those meetings.
The Hampshire Park District’s mission is to provide recreational, educational and cultural opportunities that improve the quality of life through a responsive, efficient and creative park and recreation system. The District shall balance quality recreational facilities and programs while protecting parks, natural resources and open spaces for the benefit of present and future generations.
- Provide and maintain park land and recreational facilities that meet the present and future recreational needs of district residents.
- Ensure that recreation programs meet the interests and needs of a variety of ages and abilities by providing and sponsoring programs independently and in cooperation with other community organizations or agencies.
- Ensure that administration of the Park District is effective, well-managed, customer-friendly and provides a creative work environment for staff.
- Exercise fiscal responsibility and prudence in all financial and business transactions.
- Ensure that all parks facilities are maintained efficiently, cost-effectively, safely, and in accordance with all standards and codes.
- Maintain strong communications with District residents and other public agencies and private sector organizations.
- Conserve community resources to the greatest extent through cooperation with other local organizations and agencies.